The HM Digital EC meter EC-3: is a pocket-sized, watertight (waterproof) instrument for measuring EC and Temperature. EC (electroconductivity) measures the amount of dissolved mineral salts in water. The unit of measurement is in µS/cm. In agronomy, these instruments are used to measure how much fertilizer is present within the nutrient solution. This factor is critical to having a successful hydroponic crop.
– Remove the protective cap and rinse any white crystals with water
– Turn on the instrument.
– Immerse in the solution up to the max. immersion level.
– Shake gently and wait for the reading to stabilize.
– Immerse the instrument electrode in the buffer solution at EC 1413 µS/cm.
– Wait for the reading to stabilize.
– Using the screwdriver, turn the EC 1413 calibration trimmer until the display shows “1413”.
This tester needs EC buffer solution to be recalibrated. It is possible to combine the purchase of calibration solutions without additional postage in our store.