Mary-Juana: New inflorescence by Legal Weed, unmistakable AC/DC from outdoor cultivation. Aroma reminiscent of berries and notes of undergrowth. The colour of the bud is light green, with brown pistils that make this shade of colour an excellent visual harmony.
Americans prefer to live in states where cannabis is legal. This was revealed by a recent US survey that analysed the housing preferences of citizens in the stars and stripes. Here are the results in more detail.
The Redfin Real Estate Survey
According to a survey conducted in August by Redfin, one of the leading real estate brokerage firms in the United States, the medical and social regulations in force and the freedoms granted or not granted – from the right to abortion to cannabis conusmo – by different states heavily influence the choice of home purchase.
Housing choices: US citizens and cannabis
The survey, which involved 1023 US citizens who had changed homes in the 18 months preceding the research, found that Americans would rather live in states where cannabis is legal than in those that continue to criminalise users.
Specifically, 34% of respondents would prefer to live in a place where cannabis is ‘fully legal’ – i.e. authorised both medically and recreationally – while 12% would only live in a place where it is legal, a total of 46%. On the contrary, 12% of respondents would prefer not to live where cannabis is legal, while 10% would not live in a state where it is legal, for a total of 22% against. Finally, for 32% of the respondents, cannabis is not a relevant topic when buying a house.